Privacy and Cookes Policy
(Updated 15 Oct. 2018)
The website www.geeksme.com (hereinafter, the “Website”), contains various sections in which, if the user so wishes, can send personal data:
- Home Section – The user can subscribe to the Geeksme newsletter.
- Life Lovers Watch – ‘Buy Now’ button: The user can create a customer account or log in using a username and password if they already
had an account created in the GEEKSME online shop ( henceforth, “Online Shop”).
- Sección Comprar – The user can create a customer account or log in using a username and password if they already had an account created in the GEEKSME online shop ( henceforth, “Online Shop”).
- Blog Section – The user post comments on any published post.
- Contact Section – – The user can contact Geeksme through the contact form.
The data provided by the user in any of the previous sections are treated by GEEKSME S.L. (“GEEKSME”), whose contact details
are as follows:
• E-mail for Data Protection purposes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Address: C/ Salustiano Olózaga, left staircase, 3rd floor, 28010 Madrid (Spain)
• VAT number: B-87291464
In accordance with current legislation on the Protection of Personal Data, and specifically in compliance with the provisions of the
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with
regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (RGPD),GEEKSME S.L. informs users of the
- Data provided for the subscription to the GEEKSME newsletter: Email address, which will be processed by GEEKSME for
the sole purpose of periodically sending the newsletter to the user and will be kept until the user unsubscribes from the
- Contact information provided to GEEKSME: Name and e-mail address, which will be processed by GEEKSME to respond to requests or queries received from users. The data will be kept until the request or consultation is considered resolved
- Data provided for the creation of the customer account in the Online Store: Name, surname, company (optional), country,
address, city, province, zip code, telephone, email address and password. The data will be processed by GEEKSME
during the commercial relationship with the customer and during the time periods that the related legislation may require.
- The user has the right to request access to such data, their correction or deletion, as well as the limitation of their
processing, to object to them and to the portability of their data, in the cases provided for in current legislation. To do so,
- In the event that the user considers that his/her data protection rights have been violated, he/she may also file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
- GEEKSME will never transfer users’ personal data to any third party (unless required by law) without the prior consent of the data holder.
- GEEKSME is concerned about the security and confidentiality of users’ personal data and, to this end, has implemented
technical and organizational security measures that are necessary to prevent their alteration, loss, unauthorized access or
- The Web has an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate for secure data communication using encryption techniques.
GEEKSME also informs the user about the Cookies Policy applicable on the Web:
- Cookies are files that allow the storage on the user’s computer or device of amounts of data ranging from a few kilobytes
to several Megabytes, for different purposes.
- OWN COOKIES: These are those sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- ANALYSIS COOKIES: These are those that, when well treated by us or by third parties, it allows us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered.
- In any case, the user may at any time delete the cookies that have been installed on their computer from the Web, through the options of their browser or through any of the applications that currently exist for this purpose.
GEEKSME reserves the right to modify the present Privacy and Cookies Policy in order to adapt it to new legislation, case law, and
practices or decisions adopted by the AEPD or the Article 29 European Data Protection Group. In such cases, GEEKSME will announce
the changes on the Web, or by the means it deems most appropriate.