How long should we sleep?
A group of experts at the National Sleep Foundation, Virginia, has published a list of recommendations on the time we should sleep every day according to our age. Do you want to know what’s best for your? Have a look at these tips:
- From 0 to 3 months old, babies should ideally sleep from 14 to 17 hours a day.
- From 4 to 12 months, sleep time should be slightly shorter. The perfect sleep time should last from 12 to 15 hours.
- Children from 1 to 2 years old should sleep for 11 for 11 to 14 hours, but never less than 9 or more than 15.
- Infants (from 3 to 5) should sleep at least 10 hours and up to 13.
- During school age(6 to 13), bed time should be cut to 9 to 11.
- Teenagers from 14 to 17 need to sleep for about 10 hours.
- From adulthood to 64 the healthiest thing would be sleeping from 7 to 9 hours a day.
- Last but not least, those over 65 shouldn’t spend more than 8 hours in bed, as they don’t spend as much energy at that age.
Sleeping well is key for our health, mood and productiveness. We all have to do a whole lot of things every day, but don’t forget that sleeping is as important as any of them. That’s why we have to save the hours we spend in bed. And now, g!sleep and dream…